In this post you can find information about the Orca Predator wetsuit – description and key features from the manufacturer website plus added reviews and experiences from users.
Description of Predator Wetsuit
The manufacturer Orca description of Predator: “After 25 years of innovation in the triathlon industry, Orca is launching its most advanced wetsuit ever. The new Predator is ideal for swimmers who are seeking the perfect balance between buoyancy and flexibility. Designed for the Total Swimmer, it achieves the highest possible efficiency by pinpointing buoyancy in your legs and providing flexibility in your upper body. It elevates your hip to correctly position your entire body, reducing hydrodynamic restriction as much as possible. The most advanced technology for greater performance.”
Predator is a wetsuit for the total swimmer (swimmer types defined by Orca – link in the “Related sites” section below). Models available for men and women. Standard manufacturer price €808 ($899). Orca Predator wetsuit purchase options by affiliates: Triathlete Sports, Amazon.co.uk.
Key Features of Predator Wetsuit
- 0.88 Free’s 5 layer construction and heat reflective Titanium coating – extreme stretch and flexibility, high buoyancy and insulation and low drag
- 1.5 mm SCS coated neoprene collar
- Bamboo InfinitySkn Lining for unparalleled flexibility and next-to-skin comfort
- 1.5 mm Yamamoto 44cell in key underarm area for maximum flexibility, fit and comfort
- 5 mm Exo Cell Core Lateral Stabilizer (CLS) with 4mm Exo-Lift front panel provides streamlined body positioning
- Coated in HydroLite Nano ICE for lower drag co-efficient. Less friction=More speed
- InfinitySkin lining adds unbelievable flexibility
- Aerodome (provides 30% more buoyancy than normal 5mm neoprene) placed strategically around the heaviest parts of the body
Reviews about Predator Wetsuits
Here I gathered different reviews about Predator wetsuits from different sources. I hope it will help you form your impression about the Predator wetsuits.
Review on the “Slowtwitch” website June 18, dated 20197.
Short summary: But Sebi is no slouch in the water either, yet he chose the suit with more flotation. This is the Orca suit you probably want, if you don’t end up in the 3.8.
Video on the Youtube channel “Global Triathlon Network”, dated March 5, 2019.
Review on the “Aerogeeks” website March 14, dated 2018.
Short summary: Overall, it’s hard for us to find any complaints with the Predator. If we were to have any, it would probably be with the price tag. However, we are firm believers in “you get what you pay for”.
Review on the “Trizone” website, dated 2017.
Short summary: Simply one of the best wetsuits on the market today, just be prepared to pay for the pleasure.
Review on the “220triathlon” website, dated May 4, 2017.
Short summary: Great flexibility and comfort at a cost, plus very delicate sleeves 85%.
Test Alpha and Predator on the Youtube channel “Orcasportswear”, dated July 16, 2015.
Orca official website Orca.com
Wetsuit division by Orca according to swim types
Website of “Slowtwitch” – slowtwitch.com
Website of “Trizone” – trizone.com.au
Website of “220triathlon” – 220triathlon.com
Website of “Aerogeeks” – aerogeeks.com