In this post you can find information about De Soto First Wave wetsuits – description and key features from the manufacturer website plus added reviews and experiences from users. The manufacturer claims that the two-piece design of the T1 wetsuits offer more comfort and less restriction than a one-piece.
The manufacturer De Soto description of First Wave: “This is the fastest wetsuit that money can buy. We use our new GreenGoma™ #9 Rubber with Slick Composite Skin. This new rubber is extremely flexible and buoyant; the best money can buy!. For more than a decade, no other company has been able to produce a wetsuit as fast as the First Wave Pullover or the First Wave Concept 5 and First Wave Bibjohn. We continue to give you the ultimate wetsuit.”
All T1 models are sold as separates for a customized and personal fit. With up to seven sizes of tops and bottoms, you have 49 possible size combinations from which to choose. T1 First Wave Concept 5 and T1 First Wave Pullovers are identical with the exception of the sleeve thickness. Concept 5 has 5 mm sleeves and the First Wave has 2mm sleeves. The Bibjohn is 5mm thick from the oval ankle openings up to the crotch and up the sides of the hips. From that seam up, the Bibjohn is 2mm thick.
First Wave wetsuit is an elite/pro performance level wetsuit for men and women. Standart manufacturer price T1 First Wave Concept 5 Pullovers $440 (EUR 374), T1 First Wave Pullovers $370 (EUR 314) and Bibjohn $440 (EUR 374) . De Soto First Wave wetsuit purchase options by affiliates: Triathlete Sports.
Key Features of First Wave Wetsuit
- BIO-STROKE design puts your arms into a forward rotated shoulder position for a more efficient swim stroke
- YKK® custom zipper is small, lightweight, and makes removal easier than ever
- GreenGoma™ #9 Rubber with Super Composite Skin makes the First Wave the warmest, fastest, most durable, flexible, buoyant, and the most comfortable wetsuit in the world today
- Lined with 4-Way stretch Nylon Lycra® for comfort and to minimize chafing
- Seams are glued and blind-stitched, making them more durable than the rubber itself
- Low profile 2mm Bib straps with soft Lycra trim go over the trapezius (base of neck) to allow unrestricted reach, prevents tired shoulders, and aids in faster swim times
- Angled leg openings for faster and easy removal
- Longer seam tape for self-customizing leg length
Reviews about First Wave Wetsuit
Here I gathered different reviews about De Soto First Wave wetsuit from different sources. I hope it will help you form your impression about the De Soto First Wave wetsuit.
Video on the Youtube channel “Dan Empfield“, dated March 27, 2018.
Review on the “Slowtwitch” website, dated February 10, 2017.
Short summary: Who should buy this wetsuit? Are you odd shaped? Do you have a much bigger upper body than lower body or vice versa? Do you have a very long torso? Do you always have trouble getting your wetsuits to fit? Or putting wetsuits on? Can you never find a wetsuit with a comfortable neck? Here you go. Older people who have limited shoulder mobility or strength like this wetsuit. Those who find that wetsuits are very chest-constricting like this wetsuit. These are the problems the 2-piece wetsuit uniquely solves.
Video on the Youtube channel “Tri Sports Video“, dated July 11, 2012.
Review on the “Beginner Triathlete” website.
Short summary: Great piece of equipment, excellent fit especially for odd bodies.
De Soto wetsuit official website – desotosport.com
Website of “Slowtwitch” – slowtwitch.com
Website of “Beginner Triathlete” – beginnertriathlete.com
De Soto First Wave wetsuit purchase options by affiliates: Triathlete Sports.